The TfL SERU Assessment
The TfL SERU Exam is computer-based and is undertaken by TfL staff at TfL offices. It will consist of multiple-choice questions and sentence completion by inserting missing words. This Seru online training exam is based on the information available in the PHV Driver’s Handbook. So, before taking the assessment, we recommend students read and become familiar with the Handbook. We also have an online assessment guide with sample questions from the Handbook’s topic areas that we suggest students use.
The handbook serves as a working guide for PHV drivers and is a significant resource. The PHV driver Handbook will be updated on a regular basis and may be modified to meet legal changes. Additionally, it also changes TfL policies and guidelines. Moreover, we suggest that all PHV licensees examine the Handbook regularly and be aware of its features.
London PHV drivers must understand the importance of safety, equality, and the legislative responsibilities that apply to them. This improves public safety and consumer service. Training Tale developed a special TfL SERU exam practice course, which is required for getting a London (PHV) driver’s licence. Our course will help people to have an understanding of safety, equality, and regulatory issues of driving.
What contains in the Tfl SERU exam?
TfL has developed an examination of candidates, which is SERU. It means safety, equality, and regulatory understanding (SERU). This SERU exam includes:
- Driver requirements under the PHV (London) Act 1998, including related regulations and duties under the Equality Act 2010;
- Laws and guidelines released by Transport for London (TfL) or other individuals that are important to London PHV drivers;
- The specific needs of passengers that arise as a result of a protected feature under the Equality Act 2010;
- Passenger and driver protection;
- Vehicle and road safety;
- Keeping children and adults safe from violence and abuse.
Before taking the SERU assessment, students must complete the online Safeguarding Awareness training course.
Many people mistakenly believe that the TfL SERU exam is another English test. However, this is incorrect. SERU covers all the essential driving information. If you don’t pass, then TfL will assume your English skills are poor. Therefore, they think that you are unable to understand and read the Driver’s Handbook. Because of this, your licence will be taken away. As a result, if you want to pass, you have to make more than 60% marks.
Our Course Content
Our Tfl Seru exam preparation course is specially designed for Private Hire Vehicle Drivers. This Seru course provides a broad overview of the regulations, license conditions, and taxi licensing policy requirements that a PHV driver must follow. Above all, our exclusive Tfl Seru exam course is built up of ten modules. This course covered all the essential information from the Private Hire Vehicle Driver’s Handbook. After completing each module, students have to finish our MCQ section. This process will help them to understand each module properly.
Key Concepts of Our Curriculum
Key concepts in our Tfl Seru online assessment course are outlined here.
- You will learn everything you need about the London PHV driver’s license –To work as a (PHV) driver, you need a car with a valid private hire vehicle licence. This licence is for the car, not the person driving it, and it needs to be updated every year.
- You will know the importance of licensing requirements for PHVs – Some vital requirements have been added recently to PHV’s driver licensing. For example,
- When you apply for your license, you must be 21 years old or older.
- You will learn how to do private hire journeys.
- You will learn how to keep protected – Another essential part for private vehicle drivers is to know about safety for themselves and their customers.
- You will understand driver behaviour – Driver behaviour is a way to describe a driver’s intentional and unintentional qualities and actions while driving a car. In that case, you must understand how to improve your behaviour towards your customer as a PHV driver.
- Learn everything you need to know about driving and parking in London – You will learn all the key rules about driving and parking in London.
- You will learn how to drive safely – Driving carefully and smoothly helps avoid accidents.
- Become well-versed in the concepts of disability and equality – In the United Kingdom, 14 million people are disabled. It contains physical and psychological problems such as autism, dementia and anxiety. As a PHV driver, you must know how to handle customers with this physical or psychological disorder.
- Learn how to protect children and adults – Protecting is the part of securing adults, children, and young people from abuse or neglect.
- You will understand about ride-sharing – Ride Sharing systems connect people who want to travel to the same or similar locations.
The Tfl SERU Course: Who Needs It?
This course is appropriate for both new and experienced PHV drivers. This Tfl Seru online assessment contains important information to help you to provide passengers with safe and professional service. It also contains information on your duties as a PHV driver. Please remember that completing the Tfl Seru exam also means having the necessary English language reading and writing skills to be licensed as a London PHV driver. In the glossary section, you will find different new words with meanings. You should read these meanings and try to understand what the words mean. This will help you to understand your subject properly. Do not worry; you will not be tested on those glossaries.
In the end, this course is not a detailed summary of the laws or policies that London PHV drivers must follow. This Tfl Seru course can only be used as a general guideline.
Why Should You Choose a Training Tale?
You may find multiple sources for this course, but why should you select us? We prepared this amazing Tfl Seru Assessment course with our experts, who have more than twenty years of driving experience. What’s more, Training Tale designed this course by following the PHV driver’s handbook. Hence, this course covers all the essentials.
- You will get lifetime access to our course, and also, this is a self-paced course. You can log in to the course from anywhere, anytime.
- Every single module in our course is well organised and easy to understand.
- You get information from basic to advanced.
- After finishing each module, you will get an MCQ quiz to testify to yourself. This procedure will help you to learn things correctly. Without completing the MCQ quiz, you can not access the next module.
- In our course process, you will get automated and instant assessment results.
- Whenever you get our support, we will be there for you. You will get 24/7 tutor support via live chat, phone call or email.
- After completing this Tfle Seru exam course, you will receive a free PDF certificate.
The Entry Requirement for Tfl Seru Course
Tfl Seru course is a popular course nowadays. For doing this course, there are no special requirements. The reason is that this course does not need any special skills or knowledge. People who want to take entry in this course have to follow some basic things, for example:
- Knowledge of the English language is required.
- You must be outgoing and self-motivated.
- You must have basic computer skills.
- You must be at least 21 years old.
The Assessment Method
You will get automated MCQ tests after finishing each module of the TFL – SERU Assessment (Preparation Exam). So, to go to the next module, you must finish the quiz task with at least 60% marks.
The Certification Process
When you finish the MCQ or assignment in this Tfl Seru course, you will not have any certificate from Training Tale. This is a training and preparation course for the real exam in which you will appear in TfL’s exam centre.
Our Other Courses
Training Tale has multiple courses that you can do after finishing the Seru exam. We have well-informed courses created by experts that can help you to enhance your skills and carer. Below you will find some popular and essential courses that may assist you to boost your skills and confidence. Therefore, after passing the Tfl SERU Assessment, you may enrol in the following courses:
- Level 2 Health and Safety in the Workplace
- Manual Handling Course
- Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) Training Course
- First Aid Training