Manual handling is believed to be the leading cause of work-related musculoskeletal diseases, responsible for more than one-third of all workplace accidents. This Manual Handling Course teaches you how to operate following UK health and safety laws, from ensuring proper control measures are in place to handling techniques and risk assessment. This course is especially useful for warehouse and manufacturing employees, manual laborers, delivery drivers, construction workers, and farmhands.
Through this Manual Handling Course, you will also learn which work activities are considered manual handling and the professions that need heavy lifting or the transportation of large items. You will also be taught advanced handling techniques, which will provide you with the expertise to ensure safe handling techniques and the usage of mechanical equipment to assist with the operation. If you are interested in Manual Handling, then this course is a great place to start.
Learning Outcomes of Manual Handling Course
After completing this course successfully, you will be able to –
- Recognize the various types of work equipment and the associated risks.
- Recognize the most prevalent manual handling hazards.
- Know the guidelines put forth by MHOR’s legal rules.
- Make a list of all the information you will use for a report on an accident or event.
- Reduce occupational risks.
- Recognize the most effective postures and the heaviest weights available in the surroundings.
Who is Manual Handling Course for?
This course is ideal for –
- Warehouse Worker
- Factory Worker
- Construction Worker
- Office Worker
- Shop Assistant
- Delivery Driver
Why Choose Manual Handling Course from Us
- Self-paced course, access available from anywhere.
- Easy to understand, high-quality study materials.
- Course developed by industry experts.
- MCQ quiz after each module to assess your learning.
- Automated and instant assessment results.
- 24/7 support via live chat, phone call or email.
- Free PDF certificate as soon as completing the course.
Entry Requirement for Manual Handling Course
There are no specific requirements for this course because it does not require any advanced knowledge or skills.
Students who intend to enrol in this course must meet the following requirements:
- Good command of the English language
- Must be vivacious and self-driven
- Basic computer knowledge
- A minimum of 16 years of age is required
After completing each module of the Manual Handling Course, you will find automated MCQ quizzes. To unlock the next module, you need to complete the quiz task and get at least 60% marks. Once you complete all the modules in this manner, you will be qualified to request your certification.
After completing the MCQ/Assignment assessment for this course, you will be entitled to a Certificate of Completion from Training Tale. It will act as proof of your extensive professional development. The certificate is in PDF format, which is completely free to download. A printed version is also available upon request. It will also be sent to you through a courier for £13.99.
|Module 01: Introduction and Legislation|
|Module 01: Introduction and Legislation||00:25:00|
|Module 01 Final Quiz Exam – Introduction and Legislation||00:10:00|
|Module 02: Manual Handling Injuries|
|Module 02: Manual Handling Injuries||00:25:00|
|Module 02 Final Quiz Exam – Manual Handling Injuries||00:10:00|
|Module 03: Risk Assessments for Safe Manual Handling|
|Module 03: Risk Assessments for Safe Manual Handling||00:40:00|
|Module 03 Final Quiz Exam – Risk Assessments for Safe Manual Handling||00:10:00|
|Module 04: Avoiding and Controlling the Risks|
|Module 04: Avoiding and Controlling the Risks||00:50:00|
|Module 04 Final Quiz Exam – Avoiding and Controlling the Risks||00:10:00|
|Module 05: Safe Manual Handling Techniques|
|Module 05: Safe Manual Handling Techniques||01:00:00|
|Module 05 Final Quiz Exam – Safe Manual Handling Techniques||00:10:00|