If you have good grammar and writing skills and want to become a skilled proofreader, this course is perfect. While scanning digital and offline content on various subject matters, you will become an expert in tracking errors. This comprehensive Level 5 Proofreading & Copy Editing course will teach you how to use effective editing tools like checking content for spelling, punctuation, and grammar mistakes, as well as basic formatting. The course will also teach you tips and tricks for fast and efficient proofreading, ensuring that no errors are overlooked.
After completing this course, you will have the practical knowledge and skills to pursue a wide range of career opportunities in the field of proofreading.
Learning Outcomes for Proofreading & Copy Editing
After completing this course, you will be to:
- Understand the basic concepts of proofreading.
- Understand how to apply the Style Guide.
- Understand the writer’s language and query effectively.
- Understand how to proofread on paper.
- Understand how to proofread on-screen.
- Know the words and phrases commonly confused or misused.
- Understand the daily responsibility of a copy editor.
- Know how to market and sell your services to websites.
- Boost your career in copy editing and proofreading.
Who is Proofreading & Copy Editing course for?
This course is ideal for those who want to improve their proofreading & copy-editing skills and prepare for the job of their dreams! This course is also suitable for those who want to understand the subject and keep up to date with the latest information.
Why Choose Level 5 Proofreading & Copy Editing Course from Us
- Self-paced course, access available from anywhere.
- Easy to understand, high-quality study materials.
- Course developed by industry experts.
- MCQ quiz after each module to assess your learning.
- Automated and instant assessment results.
- 24/7 support via live chat, phone call or email.
- Free PDF certificate as soon as completing the course.
There are no specific requirements for this course because it does not require any advanced knowledge or skills.
Students who intend to enrol in this course must meet the following requirements:
- Good command of the English language
- Must be vivacious and self-driven
- Basic computer knowledge
- A minimum of 16 years of age is required
After completing each module of the Level 5 Proofreading & Copy Editing, you will find automated MCQ quizzes. To unlock the next module, you need to complete the quiz task and get at least 60% marks. Once you complete all the modules in this manner, you will be qualified to request your certification.
After completing the MCQ/Assignment assessment for this course, you will be entitled to a Certificate of Completion from Training Tale. It will act as proof of your extensive professional development. The certificate is in PDF format, which is completely free to download. A printed version is also available upon request. It will also be sent to you through a courier for £13.99.
Candidates who complete the Level 5 Proofreading & Copy Editing course can pursue a wide range of jobs, including:
- Proofreader – Average income between £43K – £56K
- Copy Editor – Average income between £27K – £44.5K
- Content Writer – Average income between £44k – £58k
- Publisher – Average income between £49k – £68k
|Module 01: An Overview of Proofreading|
|An Overview of Proofreading||00:34:00|
|Module 01 Final Quiz Exam – An Overview of Proofreading||00:10:00|
|Module 02: Use of the Style Guide|
|Use of the Style Guide||00:09:00|
|Module 02 Final Quiz Exam – Use of the Style Guide||00:10:00|
|Module 03: Spelling and Grammar|
|Spelling and Grammar||00:09:00|
|Module 03 Final Quiz Exam – Spelling and Grammar||00:10:00|
|Module 04: Paper-based Proofreading|
|Module 04 Final Quiz Exam – Paper-based Proofreading||00:10:00|
|Module 05: On the Screen Proofreading|
|On the Screen Proofreading||00:11:00|
|Module 05 Final Quiz Exam – On the Screen Proofreading||00:10:00|
|Module 06: Basics of Copy Editing|
|Basics of Copy Editing||00:19:00|
|Module 06 Final Quiz Exam – Basics of Copy Editing||00:10:00|
|Module 07: Copy Editing – the Use of Language|
|Copy Editing – the Use of Language||00:12:00|
|Module 07 Final Quiz Exam – Copy Editing – the Use of Language||00:10:00|
|Module 08: Copy Editing – Checking Accuracy and Facts|
|Copy Editing – Checking Accuracy and Facts||00:09:00|
|Module 08 Final Quiz Exam – Copy Editing – Checking Accuracy and Facts||00:10:00|
|Module 09: Copy Editing – Legal Checks|
|Copy Editing – Legal Checks||00:10:00|
|Module 09 Final Quiz Exam – Copy Editing – Legal Checks||00:10:00|
|Module 10: Career Development|
|Module 10 Final Quiz Exam – Career Development||00:10:00|