The Purpose of this Nursing & Prescribing course is to provide students with a thorough understanding of nurse prescribing practices and procedures, physical and mental health disorders, and the legal responsibilities of the role. This Nursing & Prescribing course will develop the necessary skills and knowledge to advance your medical career while learning from an experienced professional.
Through this exclusive Nursing & Prescribing course, you will learn about the duties of a prescriber, including step-by-step instructions on how to administer prescription-only medicines, read product labels, keep patient records, and much more. With this Nursing & Prescribing course, you will also learn about drug abuse in children under the age of 16, patient-centred care, and how to prescribe and manage medicines in various settings, including care homes.
Learning Outcomes for Nursing & Prescribing
After completing this Nursing & Prescribing course, the learner will be able to:
- Gain a thorough understanding of nurse prescribing practices in the UK.
- Understand the responsibilities as a prescriber.
- Know the procedure for reporting adverse drug reactions.
- Know how to administer prescription-only medicines to patients.
- Understand product labels and what information is required on prescriptions.
- Understand the rules of record-keeping and professional duty of care.
- Gain basic knowledge of pharmacological management.
- Broaden their understanding of anxiety disorders in adults.
- Have an awareness of the challenges of the role and patient safety.