Palliative or end-of-life care is crucial as a person approaches the end of their life. Caregivers work hard to keep the patient as comfortable and pain-free as possible, while also offering important emotional, psychological, and social support. To provide this support to both the patient and their families, they must develop a different set of skills. This Level 2 Certificate in Understanding End of Life Care course is designed to teach you the essential skills and knowledge to support an individual at their end of life.
This Level 2 Certificate in Understanding End of Life Care course will provide you a thorough understanding of care planning, dealing with difficult issues, and applying your knowledge in a practical setting. The course will also assist you in developing communication skills and understanding the importance of communicating effectively with your patients and their families. The knowledge you will gain from this course will enable you to always put the best interests of your patients ahead of your own.
Learning Outcomes of Understanding End of Life Care
After completing this course, learner will be able to:
- Gain a solid understanding of how to work in end-of-life care
- Know how to provide support to manage pain and discomfort
- Gain in-depth knowledge about end-of-life care and dementia
- Understand the role of the care worker at the time of death
- Have a better understanding of loss and grief in end-of-life care