This Introduction to Psychotherapy course is designed for those new to this profession and who want to test their skills and knowledge. It covers the fundamentals of psychotherapy, as well as how to conduct online sessions.
This Introduction to Psychotherapy qualification will take you through the basics of psychotherapy as an introductory training course, providing an overview of the role of the psychotherapist, the history of psychotherapy, and the variety of professional settings in which psychotherapists can work.
Through this Introduction to Psychotherapy course, you will learn about potential psychotherapy clients and become familiar with the different types of psychotherapy, including Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT). It covers how to conduct the first therapy session, form positive therapeutic relationships with your clients, and work with families, children, and groups, all with step-by-step instructions.
Learning Outcomes of Introduction to Psychotherapy
After completing this course, the learner will be able to:
- Understand the basic concept of psychotherapy.
- Understand the relationship between psychology, counselling and psychotherapy.
- Gain a solid understanding of the role of a psychotherapist and where they work.
- Identify the types of people who would benefit from psychotherapy.
- Set up the therapeutic environment and maintain a positive therapeutic relationship.
- Conduct individual, child, family and couple psychotherapy sessions.
- Understand the different approaches in psychotherapy, including CBT.
- Conduct online therapy sessions and work as an online psychotherapist.
- List the benefits of both short-term and long-term psychotherapy.
Who is Introduction to Psychotherapy course for?
This course is ideal for anyone interested in working in psychotherapy. Professions in this field include:
- Counselling Psychologist
- Child Psychologist
- Group Counsellor
Why Choose Introduction to Psychotherapy Course from Us
- Self-paced course, access available from anywhere.
- Easy to understand, high-quality study materials.
- Course developed by industry experts.
- MCQ quiz after each module to assess your learning.
- Automated and instant assessment results.
- 24/7 support via live chat, phone call or email.
- Free PDF certificate as soon as completing the course.
There are no specific requirements for this course because it does not require any advanced knowledge or skills.
Students who intend to enrol in this course must meet the following requirements:
- Good command of the English language
- Must be vivacious and self-driven
- Basic computer knowledge
- A minimum of 16 years of age is required
After completing each module of the Introduction to Psychotherapy, you will find automated MCQ quizzes. To unlock the next module, you need to complete the quiz task and get at least 60% marks. Once you complete all the modules in this manner, you will be qualified to request your certification.
After completing the MCQ/Assignment assessment for this course, you will be entitled to a Certificate of Completion from Training Tale. It will act as proof of your extensive professional development. The certificate is in PDF format, which is completely free to download. A printed version is also available upon request. It will also be sent to you through a courier for £13.99.
Opportunities includes in this field:
- Social Workers
|Module 01: Overview of Psychotherapy|
|Module 01: Overview of Psychotherapy||00:40:00|
|Module 01 Final Quiz Exam – Overview of Psychotherapy||00:10:00|
|Module 02: Psychotherapy Practice|
|Module 02: Psychotherapy Practice||00:37:00|
|Module 02 Final Quiz Exam – Psychotherapy Practice||00:10:00|
|Module 03: Prospective Clients in Therapy|
|Module 03: Prospective Clients in Therapy||00:57:00|
|Module 03 Final Quiz Exam – Prospective Clients in Therapy||00:10:00|
|Module 04: Stages of Psychotherapeutic Relationship|
|Module 04: Stages of Psychotherapeutic Relationship||00:10:00|
|Module 04 Final Quiz Exam – Stages of Psychotherapeutic Relationship||00:10:00|