Falls from height are one of the most common causes of workplace injury. They can cause serious injuries and deaths to workers and others passing by, including those carrying out construction and maintenance as well as members of the public. So, anyone carrying out work at height activities must learn how to work safely and responsibly following the law.
This Working at Height Training Course assists you in complying with the Work at Height Regulations 2005 by providing employers and workers with the information they need to effectively deal with working at height risks and control measures. This includes understanding how to undertake a working at height risk assessment to effectively control and manage risks, how to use access equipment safely, and how to ensure that workers can decrease their risk of falling from a height.
After completing this course, the learner will be able to:
- Understand the health and safety hazards of working at a height.
- Know HSE law and legal requirements for employers and employees.
- Understand the main causes of falls from height and prevention measures.
- Get step-by-step guidance on how to conduct a risk assessment.
- Identify and evaluate health and safety risks in the workplace.
- Know the safety control measures for roofs, vehicles and fragile surfaces.
- Create an effective workplace emergency rescue plan.