Whether you have previously practised first aid or need to focus on paediatric first aid, this Paediatric First Aid course will help prepare you for the variety of accidents, injuries, and emergencies you may face when caring for young children in the classroom.
Our Paediatric First Aid training method is designed for anyone responsible for the welfare of children. The course teaches you how to adapt and use basic First Aid techniques for a child or baby. By the end of the course, you will learn how to interact with young casualties, keep them calm, and when to call an emergency.
Enrol in the Paediatric First Aid course today to learn how to assess children who require your care and know what assistance you can provide to deal with the situation. With the expert skills in this course, you will also learn how to deal with unresponsive children and how to administer CPR in an emergency.
Learning Outcomes of Paediatric First Aid Course
By the end of this course, the learner will be able to:
- Understand the fundamentals of Paediatric First Aid.
- Know the principles & role of a First Aider.
- Know how to conduct a primary survey on a child casualty.
- Know how to administer CPR to a child or infant casualty.
- Know how to put children and infants in the recovery position.
- Be able to deal with and respond to choking, wounds, bleeding, and shock in children and infants.
- Be able to deal with and respond to eye and head injuries and fractures.
- Know how to care for children suffering from asthma attacks, allergic reactions, nosebleeds, diabetic emergencies, epileptic seizures, high temperatures and hyperventilation.
- Provide a survey and risk assessment of an incident.
- Perform resuscitation on a child or baby.
- Recognise and treat minor ailments in children.
- Deal with emergencies and help with major ailments in children.
- Recognise when Emergency Services need to be contacted.
Who is Paediatric First Aid course for?
This comprehensive course is for individuals associated with the first aid sector such as:
- Pre-school workers
- Paediatric nurse
- Leisure facility staff
- Nursery Teacher
- Primary Teacher
- Early Years Settings
- Teaching Assistants
- Anyone who wishes to be able to provide First Aid for all possible casualties
Why Choose Paediatric First Aid Course from Us
- Self-paced course, access available from anywhere.
- Easy to understand, high-quality study materials.
- Course developed by industry experts.
- MCQ quiz after each module to assess your learning.
- Automated and instant assessment results.
- 24/7 support via live chat, phone call, or email.
- Free PDF certificate as soon as completing the course.
Entry Requirement for Paediatric Aid
There are no specific requirements for this course because it does not require any advanced knowledge or skills.
Students who intend to enrol in this course must meet the following requirements:
- Good command of the English language
- Must be vivacious and self-driven
- Basic computer knowledge
- A minimum of 16 years of age is required
After completing each module of Paediatric First Aid, you will find automated MCQ quizzes. To unlock the next module, you need to complete the quiz task and get at least 60% marks. Once you complete all the modules in this manner, you will be qualified to request your certification.
After completing the MCQ/Assignment assessment for this course, you will be entitled to a Certificate of Completion from Training Tale. It will act as proof of your extensive professional development. The certificate is in PDF format, which is completely free to download. A printed version is also available upon request. It will also be sent to you through a courier for £13.99.
|Module 01: Paediatric First Aid: An Overview|
|Paediatric First Aid: An Overview||00:20:00|
|Module 01 Final Quiz – Paediatric First Aid: An Overview||00:10:00|
|Module 02: Principles & Role of a First Aider|
|Principles & Role of a First Aider||00:13:00|
|Module 02 Final Quiz – Principles & Role of a First Aider||00:10:00|
|Module 03: First Aid Basics|
|First Aid Basics||00:34:00|
|Module 03 Final Quiz – First Aid Basics||00:10:00|
|Module 04: Assessing the Situation and Provide Assistance|
|Assessing the Situation and Provide Assistance||00:44:00|
|Module 04 Final Quiz – Assessing the Situation and Provide Assistance||00:10:00|
|Module 05: Conducting CPR|
|Module 05 Final Quiz – Conducting CPR||00:10:00|
|Module 06: Tackling Common Illnesses, Injuries and Incidents|
|Tackling Common Illnesses, Injuries and Incidents||01:07:00|
|Module 06 Final Quiz – Tackling Common Illnesses, Injuries and Incidents||00:10:00|
|Module 07: Combat Severe Medical Situations through First Aid|
|Combat Severe Medical Situations through First Aid||00:25:00|
|Module 07 Final Quiz – Combat Severe Medical Situations through First Aid||00:10:00|
|Module 08: How to Face the Crisis?|
|How to Face the Crisis?||00:17:00|
|Module 08 Final Quiz Exam – How to Face the Crisis?||00:10:00|
No Reviews found for this course.