Infection prevention and control are more important than ever. Germs spread from person to person through a regular sequence of events. This Level 2 Award in the Prevention and Control of Infection aims to help people prevent germs from infecting people by breaking the chain of infection. We can prevent infection by breaking a link in the chain. Understanding how to properly prevent and control the spread of infection is essential in ensuring that individuals do not unintentionally cause people they come into contact with to get infected.
The qualification covers the importance of risk assessment and the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), as well as the causes and transmission of infection, cleaning, proper waste management practices, and decontamination.
By the end of this course, you will have a solid understanding of preventing and controlling the spread of infection in the workplace and at home. You will also learn how to identify infections and their types.
After completing this course, the learner will be able to:
- Understand the responsibilities of healthcare organisations in terms of current infection prevention and control legislation.
- Know how to obtain information about infection prevention and control within the organisation.
- Know the term healthcare-associated infections.
- Understand the chain of infection and how this informs infection prevention and control practice.
- Understand the routes of transmission of microorganisms.
- Understand individual roles and responsibilities for the three levels of decontamination.
- Use single-use items appropriately.
- Conduct a risk assessment in respect of ensuring infection prevention and control.
- Know how to manage patients with specific alert organisms safely.
- Explain different alert organisms and conditions that pose an infection risk.
Who is Control of Infection course for?
This course is ideal for a wide range of learners who wish to understand the prevention and control of infection within healthcare settings.
Why Choose Level 2 Award in the Prevention and Control of Infection Course from Us
- Self-paced course, access available from anywhere.
- Easy to understand, high-quality study materials.
- Course developed by industry experts.
- MCQ quiz after each module to assess your learning.
- Automated and instant assessment results.
- 24/7 support via live chat, phone call or email.
- Free PDF certificate as soon as completing the course.
There are no specific requirements for this course because it does not require any advanced knowledge or skills.
Students who intend to enrol in this course must meet the following requirements:
- Good command of the English language
- Must be vivacious and self-driven
- Basic computer knowledge
- A minimum of 16 years of age is required
After completing each module of the Level 2 Award in the Prevention and Control of Infection, you will find automated MCQ quizzes. To unlock the next module, you need to complete the quiz task and get at least 60% marks. Once you complete all the modules in this manner, you will be qualified to request your certification.
After completing the MCQ/Assignment assessment for this course, you will be entitled to a Certificate of Completion from Training Tale. It will act as proof of your extensive professional development. The certificate is in PDF format, which is completely free to download. A printed version is also available upon request. It will also be sent to you through a courier for £13.99.
|Module 01: The Principles of Infection Prevention and Control|
|The Principles of Infection Prevention and Control||00:53:00|
|Module 01 Final Quiz Exam – The Principles of Infection Prevention and Control||00:10:00|
|Module 02: Causes and Spread of Infection|
|Causes and Spread of Infection||00:13:00|
|Module 02 Final Quiz Exam – Causes and Spread of Infection||00:10:00|
|Module 03: Cleaning, Decontamination and Waste Management|
|Cleaning, Decontamination and Waste Management||00:27:00|
|Module 03 Final Quiz Exam – Cleaning, Decontamination and Waste Management||00:10:00|
No Reviews found for this course.