Are you a Special Educational Needs Coordinator (SENCo) in an early childhood environment seeking to expand your knowledge and skills? Or, are you an early years practitioner seeking to improve your knowledge of Special Educational Needs (SEN)? Take a look at our “SENCOs in Early Years Environments” training. Our comprehensive course is created especially for SENCOs and early years practitioners, giving you the skills and information you need to assist children with special needs in your setting. You’ll learn about the SEN legal structure, best practices for recognising and assessing children with SEN, and how to create effective support plans and tactics for people and groups.
Learning Outcomes of Special Educational Needs Coordinators
- Develop a deeper understanding of SEN and best practice in supporting children with additional needs.
- Learn about the legal framework for SEN and your role as a SENCo in your setting.
- Gain practical skills and strategies for identifying and assessing children with SEN, developing effective support plans, and working with parents and other professionals.
- Improve your practice and create a more inclusive and supportive learning environment for all children.
- Enhance your career prospects and demonstrate your commitment to continuing professional development.
Who is Special Educational Needs Coordinators course for?
This Level 3 Award for Special Educational Needs Coordinators in Early Years Settings course is ideal for those already working in a SENCo role as part of their Early Years Practitioner role or interested in doing so. This course is also suitable for childminders.