This Level 2 Award in Suicide Awareness qualification aims to provide learners with an understanding of the scale and context of suicide in the United Kingdom. This Level 2 Award in Suicide Awareness course also teaches the learners the associated stigma and risk factors and increase their understanding that suicide is preventable. Through this Level 2 Award in Suicide Awareness course, the learners will consider how difficult situations affect mood and behaviour. Moreover, they will learn how this can lead to negative thoughts and feelings. Through this Level 2 Award in Suicide Awareness course, the learners will raise awareness of how suicidal thoughts can arise and identify those at risk of committing suicide.
Learning Outcomes of Suicide Awareness
After completing this course, the learner will be able to:
- Gain a solid understanding of the context of suicide in the UK and the importance of suicide awareness.
- Understand different stressful situations an individual may face in their lives that may increase their suicidal thoughts.
- Understand stress vulnerability and how an individual’s ability to cope influences their response to stressful situations and the likelihood of suicidal thoughts.
- Understand the impact stressful situations may have on an individual’s mental health.
- Understand the importance of a conversation with an individual at risk of suicide.
- Know how to sign-post the individual to appropriate support and professional services.