This Level 2 Mental Health Care – MCA and DOLS course is designed for healthcare and social care professionals equipping them with the skills and practical knowledge required to protect the welfare and rights of people who lack mental capacity. It includes step-by-step training and guidance for assessing mental capacity, as well as important information on making best-interest decision-making.
The purpose of this qualification is to increase your understanding of mental health issues and explain key areas where you can take the necessary steps to reduce pressure, manage potential stressors, and limit the negative impact that work may have on you or your employees.
This comprehensive Level 2 Mental Health Care – MCA and DOLS course will assist you in learning healthy ways to deal with workplace stress, creating a mentally healthy environment, and providing appropriate support to individuals experiencing mental health issues in the workplace. By the end of this course, you will have a solid understanding of your legal responsibilities, as well as how to make an application if an individual is being deprived of their liberty.
Learning Outcomes for Mental Health Care Course
After completing this course, the learner will be able to:
- Understand the basic concepts of the Mental Capacity Act.
- Know how to make decisions in the patient’s or service user’s best interests.
- Gain the skills to provide quality care and treatment to vulnerable adults who lack the capacity.
- Understand how to manage patient records and maintain patient confidentiality.
- Know the MCA Act 2005 and mental capacity assessment law.
- Understand the public bodies and services created by the MCA Act 2005.
- Gain excellent knowledge of mental health advocacy and advanced planning.
- Familiarise yourself with the legal responsibilities of a social care and mental health care professional when caring for someone who lacks capacity.
- Gain in-depth knowledge of human rights and quality commission requirements.
- Know how to confidently promote social and emotional competency and build resilience.
- Become more transparent and open about mental health issues.
Who is Mental Health Care course for?
This course is suitable for anyone who aspires to work in or currently works in the healthcare sector, which includes:
- Registered Mental Health Nurse
- Mental Health Care Assistant
- Mental Health Support worker
- Dementia Care Assistant
- Primary Care Mental Health Practitioner
Why Choose Level 2 Mental Health Care – MCA and DOLS Course from Us
- Self-paced course, access available from anywhere.
- Easy to understand, high-quality study materials.
- Course developed by industry experts.
- MCQ quiz after each module to assess your learning.
- Automated and instant assessment results.
- 24/7 support via live chat, phone call or email.
- Free PDF certificate as soon as completing the course.
There are no specific requirements for this course because it does not require any advanced knowledge or skills.
Students who intend to enrol in this course must meet the following requirements:
- Good command of the English language
- Must be vivacious and self-driven
- Basic computer knowledge
- A minimum of 16 years of age is required
After completing each module of the Level 2 Mental Health Care – MCA and DOLS, you will find automated MCQ quizzes. To unlock the next module, you need to complete the quiz task and get at least 60% marks. Once you complete all the modules in this manner, you will be qualified to request your certification.
After completing the MCQ/Assignment assessment for this course, you will be entitled to a Certificate of Completion from Training Tale. It will act as proof of your extensive professional development. The certificate is in PDF format, which is completely free to download. A printed version is also available upon request. It will also be sent to you through a courier for £13.99.
- Mental Health Care Professionals
- Counselling Psychologist
- Family Therapist
- Clinical Social Worker
- Mental Health Counsellor
- Mental Health Support Worker
|Module 01: An Overview of Mental Capacity Act|
|Module 01: An Overview of Mental Capacity Act||00:15:00|
|Module 02: Assessing Mental Capacity|
|Module 02: Assessing Mental Capacity||00:10:00|
|Module 03: How to make Best Interest Decision|
|Module 03: How to make Best Interest Decision||00:10:00|
|Module 04: Mental Capacity Advocates and Forward Planning|
|Module 04: Mental Capacity Advocates and Forward Planning||00:20:00|
|Module 05: Treatment Protocols for People Who Lack Capacity|
|Module 05: Treatment Protocols for People Who Lack Capacity||00:10:00|
|Module 06: Confidentiality and Record Keeping|
|Module 06: Confidentiality and Record Keeping||00:10:00|
No Reviews found for this course.