As the Designated Safeguarding Lead, you are the first point of contact for staff members, families, and anyone who has access to your organisation; therefore, you must have a thorough understanding of child protection procedures. This exclusive Level 3 Designated Safeguarding Lead Training Course will teach you more about the role and will assist you in better understanding the safeguarding process. The course uses a combination of written text and interactive exercises to help you review and develop your organisation’s child protection procedures and ensure that all staff members understand their roles in safeguarding children.
After completing this course, the learner will be able to:
- Understand the fundamentals of safeguarding.
- Understand safeguarding structure and guidance.
- Know how to recognise abuse and how to respond to disclosures.
- Know the responses under the safeguarding structure.
- know how to resolve disagreements.
- Understand the principles of confidentiality.
- Understand the importance of Record-Keeping.
Who is Designated Safeguarding course for?
This Level 3 Designated Safeguarding Lead Training Course is ideal for anyone who works with children and holds management, supervisory or designated child protection roles in settings such as schools, universities, charities, places of worship, sports clubs, leisure centres and GP and healthcare practices.
The course is suitable for anyone wishing to understand the responsibilities of the Designated Safeguarding Lead so that they can become a safeguarding lead for their company or assist those who already hold the position.